Some Inexpensive Ways To Make Your Work Space Fun Again
You don’t have to break your budget to create a workspace your employees will enjoy. A little creative thinking can go a long way when it comes to freshening up the way your office looks.
If your office is feeling a little drab or gloomy, here are a few inexpensive ways you can make it fun again.
Need some professional cleaning? Jan-Pro is a professional commercial cleaning service in central Arkansas. We know that a clean office is important to your employees and even to your bottom line. If you are ready for some professional cleaning, give us a call 866-355-1064.
Create a pleasant workspace to encourage creativity and motivate your team.
- Fresh air. A research study in Japan showed that employees were more productive when they filled their workspace with an aroma of lemon, jasmine, or lavender. Learn more.
- Personal touches. The personality of your company can be demonstrated with statement walls or unique decor. Think outside the box. Why are your employees proud to work for you? Personal touches can also come from the unique individuals that make up your team. What makes them smile?
- Inspirational quotes. The quotes you put around your office should be well thought-out and updated regularly. The last thing your morale needs is stale, generic quotes. These quotes can also serve as positive reminders of all that your team has accomplished.
- Positive reminders. Speaking of being proud of your work, a cheap trophy can go a long way in making your employees feel appreciated and recognized.
- Color. Can’t think of anything else to do with your workspace? Add some color to the existing decor.
A clutter-free workspace reduces stress and improves positivity.
Also, tidying up your desk is free. We don’t mean breaking out the cleaning supplies (we can do that). Just make sure everything is generally in its place.
But be careful with this tip! Managing how your employees keep their desk can start to feel like micromanaging really quick. Perhaps you could mention your idea to help make the office fun again in a meeting. You probably should not make it mandatory if it is not necessary.
- Organizers. Most people love to get organized. It makes us feel productive and sets us up for a productive day. Desk and drawer organizers can go a long way in helping your employees manage their desk space.
- Trays. Trays are a great catch-all for office desks. They are also great for organizing. There are so many kinds of treys. This would be a great way to show some personality.
- Wall storage. Offer wall storage to your employees. You’d be surprised at how much it helps them organize.
What’s the first thing that comes to anyone’s mind when they think of freshening a space up? Plants. Even fake plants can bring a little life into a dreary office.
Do some research on how to make sure your plants thrive in your office environment. If you can’t find a sunny spot, some creative thinking might be in order.